We bought 3 rooms from Ethan Allen ( family , formal living and dinette)

We noticed that the dinette table scratches easily even with place mats), my nephew was writing on a piece of paper on place mat on table I noticed that all the marks showed on table.

First I emailed the sale person ,didn't respond then I called the store and left her a message she send me an email to call customer service. When I called customer service the told me nothing we can do for you you should google and find some one that do restoration for antique furniture ,she didn't even offer that someone come and have a look at table and give us an opinion about how to fix it.

Very very bad customer service , very disappointed in Ethan Ellen ( very expensive furniture and no what so ever support or care to their furniture)

My friend bought her table from a cheaper furniture place and they always send her some one to take care of any scratches

I will never buy from Ethan Allen again as they don't stand behind their products

Very disappointed

Had an Experience with Ethan Allen?

Comments

I also bought a walnut dining table from them in June of 2013 for $2,600.00 (for only the table) We had a dinner on it once and were very careful but I am really sad to say it has scratches all over it.It makes me sick!

I am an Interior Designer and am not impressed with the recent quality of their furniture. The guys who delivered the table brought it in the house assembled and left. I received NO warranty papers or the tool to take the table apart. After many calls and emails to the salesperson I was told there is no tool to take the table apart.

I specifically said we would be moving and we need to be able to take it apart.I think their customer service sucks!!!!!

We had the same problems with all of our living room and dining room Ethan Allen furniture-- it scratches and nicks very easily. Our bedroom set- also from Ethan Allen- has a much better finish.

Lake Worth, Florida, United States #702119

Years ago I purchased a wooden dinning room set from a company on Long Island and they were knowledgeable enough to offer me the option of purchasing pads for all the pieces of furniture, which I did seven years later the dinning set is in excellent condition.The salesperson should give the option to the customers .

Get with it.

Customer service is so important.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #700722

Though the design consultant you worked with should have been much more attentive, and suggested a table pad for high traffic surfaces, the tables you bought were....wood.They are handcrafted in America, solid and quality furniture, which is where the price tag comes in...but wood...is wood....is wood, and there is no such thing as "indestructable wood that never gets water rings or scratches or indentations".

Knowing that you've purchased a wooden piece of furniture, perhaps the child should have been given a mat or hard surface to press against.They didn't send a technician out to take a look at the pieces of furniture because it wasn't a warranty issue, it was a user issue.

to Anonymous Mandeville, Louisiana, United States #1207768

ANONYMOUS, you must be associated with Ethan Allan or in some way emotionally involved in furniture sales or manufacturing. You are right wood will nick and scratch but if finished properly does not scratch or knick unless there is a certain amount of force, not just if you slide a plate on to the table as has happened to me with a new purchase of a dinining table.

to Anonymous San Jose, California, United States #1245091

I also purchased my dining room table from Ethan Allen.It is just my husband and myself who dine at the table.

We always use placemats.

There are little scratches all over the table from my placemats.

What kind of *** are they producing and peddling as fine furniture?Buyer beware.