Muharem S
map-marker Rockwall, Texas

Ordered a hipressure washer but never received

I ordered a pressure washer but never received and I payed for it can you please inform me whats going on so I can order one thru different co indeed it badly thanks muharem suljaj
map-marker Torrance, California

Abysmal customer service

I recently had the displeasure of dealing with Ethan Allen, and the entire experience left me utterly dissatisfied. From unresponsive customer service to delayed deliveries, their incompetence was truly astonishing. It's baffling how a company of their supposed caliber could provide such a subpar level of service. Save yourself the frustration and look elsewhere for your furniture needs.
Linda G Dco

Verified Reviewer

Brass key for secretariate opal

Your site is difficult. Need software fixes. Brass key to oak secretariate, Need! Respond, first contact Ethan Allen approximately 6 months ago. No response after sending pictures of secretariate and key hole.
Cons:
  • Personnel

User's recommendation: Problems with Ethan Allen’s personnel!

Guest

Linda - Please reach out to orders@***.com and we will try and get the key that you need. If the item is discontinued we may not have one that will work, but we will certainly try. Thank You Crystal

map-marker Thornhill, Ontario

Delivery

I had a delivery done about a couple weeks ago and the same delivery team came to my house a few months ago as well. The driver stunk really bad of marijuana. The first time he came to my house my wife was there, this time I was there and witnessed it myself. I didnt get his name and his truck had no logos on it but I did manage to get his plates. It was AZ8779. I will also be filing this with the police.
map-marker Englewood, Colorado

Hours and services

I have been buying furniture for EA for 30 years. I am extremely upset that they have never adjusted their delivery , customer service or scheduling hours . Everything is 8-5 and on theyre scheduled for delivery. You dont even give hours for delivery until the day before. When you work 8-5 this is not convenient. I am not planning on buying anything else going forward because of lack of service

User's recommendation: It takes. Long time to get furniture and they don’t even work with you on delivery

map-marker Lancaster, New York

Couch issue.

Originally I would have recommended Ethan Allen. My original couch that I ordered had an issue.

First they wanted to only replace the cushions, then they replaced the couch. I was told to change the fabric so the the wrinkles in the fabric would not occur. The 1st replacement couch did the same as my original order. Barb and Chris came to my home to review the issue again.

Barb stated the couch would be replaced however, I needed to change the actual couch. She specifically stated they would work with me if this couch did not work. It did not. It has wrinkles all through the couch.

They call them comfort lines. This current couch is THREE Weeks old. It looks as if I have had it for 5 years. When speaking to Barbara in regards to this she first offered me my old couch.

The couch the delivery men literally threw in the back of the truck. Then after I stated this was unacceptable she stated they would discuss on the Tuesday meeting. I received a call the Thursday after when she offered to come and get my couch; or they would give me a $500 refund. When I asked for a new sofa with new fabric Barbara stated they arent going down that road again.

We have spent so much money on you. We have given you three couches. The couches now are so expensive now. If you would like you can purchase another couch and we will refund your money.

Why on earth would I do that. This couch is under warranty and this franchise of Ethan Allen refuses to correct my couch. I purchased approximately $7000 in furniture from them. The sad thing is I was ready to purchase a home full of furniture.

Chris and Barbara determined that I wasnt going to do that. I recall the Pretty women scene when Julia Roberts character states, Big mistake, walks out and shops more. It is my hopes after this review something will be done. I have other options.

The only good that came from this is that Nikki transformed my living room.

Thank you Nikki. Otherwise I wish I had not stopped in this store.

User's recommendation: Franchises are the ones that make decisions regarding any issues you may have. Do not expect the corporate office to do anything

Nancy B Bzv

| map-marker Bloomington, Minnesota

Delivery service is a joke

Original review Aug 08, 2022

We ordered 10 grand worth of furniture months ago. We were told someone would call us to arrange delivery in mid July.

Never happened. We had to chase down delivery. When we finally did they said it would be another 4 to 6 weeks to get delivery due to distance. Of course this was never explained to us when we placed the order.

This is in spite of the fact that our furniture was delivered to their warehouse on July 27th. Total nonsense and a rip off. We are now at the point that we are ready to change back the entire transaction to Amex based on complete failure to deliver ANYTHING. Ethan Allen has had our money for months on end and this is still no delivery date.

Dont waste your time or money. Complete rip off .

Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor communication
  • Lack of accountability

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Avoid Ethan Allen at all cost

Lisa G Tzl

| map-marker Saint Louis, Missouri

Child’s head got stuck in chair

Ethan Allen - Child’s head got stuck in chair
Ethan Allen - Child’s head got stuck in chair - Image 2
Ethan Allen - Child’s head got stuck in chair - Image 3
Ethan Allen - Child’s head got stuck in chair - Image 4

Hi. Today my 2.5 year old granddaughter got her head stuck in our dining room armchair!

We tried for over an hour to free her head with manipulation and then with oil on her head to no avail. She was quite upset and hysterical at times. We finally had to free her by trying to disassemble the top of the discontinued armchair. It did not come apart easily or in a way that would be easy for us to put back together.

We are wondering if they were discontinued just because of this issue of them being larger than 4 opening in areas and the apparent danger of this type situation. We love the set and wont be able to replace the discontinued chair. I am requesting you fix the chair free of charge due to the unusual circumstances involving freeing the scared child. I would like to attach photos but dont think I can.

I am not a pissed customer but will check the box so my email goes thru. I was upset about the situation, it was very upsetting because she was so upset.

Thank you. Lisa Grillot

Pros:
  • Beautiful classic pieces

Preferred solution: I would like Ethan Allen to repair the chair

Hafsa m Ljh
map-marker Mississauga, Ontario

Return goods refunding of money

I didnt like the products did a return still waiting for refund . No one has contacted me for it. Dont know what to do therefore contacting you directly.

Preferred solution: Full refund

Lileigh Bjl

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue, Hafsa M. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us.

Please get in touch with us on (888) 324-**** and we'd be happy to help you out. Cheers, Ethan Allen

map-marker Ojai, California

DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT

MY WIFE AND I PURCHASED SERVERAL UNITS FOR OUR NEW HOME. ONE PARTICULAR ITEM ENTERTAINMENT UNIT WITH REPLACEABLE GLASS VS WOOD ON BOTTOM. THE CLIPS USED TO HOLD THESE PARTS WERE MADE OF PLASTIC WITH METAL SCREWS. UPON USE THE PLASTIC BROKE OR BENT. WE REQUESTED THE MANAGER FROM OXNARD STORE CA. TO REPLACE THESE INFERIOR CLIPS. SHE SAID OF COURSE BUT WILL CHARGE 20DOLARS FOR THOSE PIECES. WE FEEL THAT THE EXPENSE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SATISFY THE CUSTOMER. OF COURSE....NEVER GO BACK!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: DO NOT BE A MISGUIDED BY THE NAME. GO TO COMPETITORS

map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Poor service, poor communication, poor designer recommendations, poor follow up, and poor quality furniture

See above. My experience with Ethan Allen in Omaha, NE, was very disappointing. I ordered multiple items to furnish our new home. Our designer was unremarkable, and showed little interest in our needs. She seemed uninterested in helping us and neglected to represent the products thoroughly and consider our needs. Little effort and lack of information resulted in our disappointment in the service and dissatisfaction for very low quality furniture at a considerably high cost!

User's recommendation: I think you would be disappointed in every aspect of the Ethan Allen experience! If you value quality and durability, choose another company with which to do business!

Guest

Agree

Doreatha Rga

Unsatisfied product and service

I purchased a Chesterfield sofa, two chairs and an ottoman from Ethan Allen in Indianapolis, IN. $$$ (2020-****) Every piece but the ottoman had issues. The finish was chipping off both painted chairs and was not similar to the finish sample in the store, the sofas tuffs were sloppy and the sofa squeaked. The man they sent to fix the sofa appeared to have addiction issues. It took repeated phone calls and appointments before he finally showed up. The problem was never fixed. $300 delivery fee. Outrageous!!! Customer Service provided minimum help and then washed their hands of the whole situation. I love the old wood pieces of Ethan Allen but will never buy another piece of furniture from them again.
Cons:
  • Lack of accountability
  • Poor poor quality for the price
  • Poor communication

User's recommendation: Shop elsewhere or buy vintage

Andrea D Egs

POOR QUALITY, PRODUCT INSURANCE AND CS

I purchased a living room set (couch, recliner, entertainment center) in 2017 from your Jacksonville office. I had some damage occur in December 2020 and January 2021.

I submitted a claim in February and was denied because it was out of the reporting window. However, it took me TWO weeks to get a hold of someone in order to file said claim, after I was provided the number by one of the Ethan Allen associates and my order #495970****. After noting the delay, I was later told by your customer service representative and Guardsman that the delay in reporting was my fault and it could have be done online. Guardsman then took 3 weeks to get back to me.

If it is critical that reporting be done in a specific time frame, then why is a delay getting back to me acceptable? Specifically, I am having issue with the quality of your products and the guardsman furniture protection you sold. The finish has worn off on the top of the entertainment center and the couch stains/discolors easily. I have filed a complaint with the BBB for guardsman furniture protection you sold me.

Not only did they take multiple attempts to respond to the complain and 30 days, they dont answer the phone, return messages, and you stay on hold for hours. They report these issues and delays to COVID, but I am not afforded the same rights. Refusing coverage during the pandemic to an essential healthcare worker because it is out of the time frame is despicable. I didnt report it in the appropriate time frame due to working at Cedars Sinai, a 1000 bed trauma center in downtown Los Angeles, during the peak and also didnt feel comfortable having someone in my home until vaccinated which resulted in delay of reporting.

My protection plan provided by Ethan Allen does not have this disclaimer. I emailed Ethan Allen customer service who said they would forward my request for help to the regional team, which I never heard back from. After having to reach out twice, the same customer service representative who initially disregarded my email from the local store called me to inform me that she spoke to Guardsman on my behalf and there was nothing more she or Guardsman can do for me. Not everything is black and white, this is a very fluid situation.

Like travel carriers have adjusted their policies to account for things outside of control due to pandemic, exceptions can be made for certain circumstances. NO THANKS HERE TO HEALTHCARE HEROES.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Duane P Fyf

Delayed Priduct Delivery

Ordered furniture from EA was told up to 10 weeks delivery. Its now 14 weeks and told they need six more weeks. Canceled order as they have no idea when product can be shopped. They think estimated delivery means whenever and customer loses deposit. Shameful industry as I see similar complaints with other furniture sellers

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buy used or on floor display. The furniture industry has no ability to project any delivery.

map-marker Loxahatchee Groves, Florida

Can't get anyone at Ethan Allen to return calls to resolve my problem.

When we decided to buy my new living furniture I chose Ethan Allen because of their years of experience and workmanship but I was wrong. I know you have some happy customers but you also have many many unhappy ones. My mistake was not to do further research in reading the reviews of your past customers, if I only had read the reviews beforehand and notice how many disappointing customers you have I would never have bought my furniture from your company. I believe one unhappy customer is too many especially since your furniture is not cheap.
map-marker Bulverde, Texas

Robert Chesnick-owner of area franchise did NOT care at all that 4 months after my order, I still did not have my furniture which had been paid for. He would not take the time to call the manufacturing plant to even try to get me an answer. WORST customer service ever--from the local store consultants to the owner of the company!!! NEVER BUY HERE!

User's recommendation: Avoid this business. Buy elsewhere!

About

Summary

Ethan Allen is a furniture company. It was named after the famous American revolutionary leader who fought for the American independence. At the present time the company offers a wide range of different living room, bedroom, dining room wood and upholstered furniture, accessories, etc. The slogan of the company is: "Classic Design. Modern Perspective". Ethan Allen Furniture Company provides its customers a lot of various discounts, catalogs and gift cards. Ethan Allen is presented to have a rule of finding an exclusive furniture item for each and every customer.

Ethan Allen reviews and complaints

Ethan Allen is ranked 390 out of 2317 in Furniture and Decor category

Area Served

USA

Payment Methods

American Express

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article