1.1
Style and Design

I purchased a floor lamp from Ethan Allen in September of 2017.This is the second time I buy this same lamp and have the same issue , the wiring was peeling off and looked very thin and very cheap .It was a quality issue for sure.I called Ethan Allen corporate office to complain about the issue and ask for a replacement, however I was ignored .Then my son got electrocuted and was couch was on fire due to the faulty wiring on the lamp .I panicked I left an urgent message to call me back immediately.I finally got a call back and then they came to pick up the lamp and was told I would receive a refund .Six months later I still don’t have my refund for the return , I had to buy a new couch and pay to fix the burns on the wall .I emailed them constantly demanding my money back from October till now they responded saying they refuse to refund me for the lamp blaming me for the defective faulty wiring (really) This place should be out of business I was robbed out of my hard earn money , Till now they have my money I don’t have my lamp and I’m stuck paying for all the damages this caused me .

Product or Service Mentioned: Ethan Allen Lamp.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Dear Caroline:As we have advised you, Upon our examination of your lamp and power cord, it is clear that there was no defect in either. However, the cord evidenced damage caused by the owner in that the insulation was compromised and repaired improperly.Although we are not responsible for that type of damage, purely as a courtesy, we intended to repair the damaged power cord without cost to you by rewiring the entire lamp with original quality wiring, replacing the shade (which was damaged in transit to us), and deliver it back to you in “as new” condition. We are sorry that you did not accept this solution and remain willing to resolve this situation as outlined here.Please reach out to us at Help@ethanallen.com to proceed.

to Paula Mandeville #1443593

Absolutely not the wire was defective as soon as I brought the lamp home from the city it was severed , I called and called the manhatten store multiple times , they told me to call customer service and that’s how this whole thing started.I really do not at all appreciate being blamed for the wiring being defective or tampered with by me .It is very clear that s impossible .They were even claims that the wire was wrongly repaired , I’m sorry I have never had the wire repaired at all!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY THIS WAS CAUSED BY ME ?i sought legal assistance I reported you to the attorney general for you or and Jordan paolatta for taking my lamp and promising a refund .This lamp caused a fire an electrical fire in my home an electrician told me the wire was defective and to thin to hold a crystal lamp.And no I do not want The lamp back after the damaged it caused me and my son .

to Anonymous #1443809

If I do not receive my refund in two weeks I will file a lawsuit and report this to the federal trade commission for unfair business practices, and report you for failure to return my money to me after I returned the lamp and take legal litigation, after two weeks of not hearing back from you I will proceed with the courtsThank you