In March I placed an order for a simple kitchen table and chairs which were considered to be "fast ship" items and the original delivery date was scheduled for Mid May. I was excited about my purchase despite the lack of acknowledgment and customer service we received while browsing around in the store.

Curious about my table, the 1st week of May I contacted EA requesting merchandise status. The Design Consultant was out of the office so I spoke to one of the Managers. The Manger was to contact the Factory to obtain status and return my call the following day.

Day 2 - Manager did not return call. I called the design center again to obtain information and the Managers excuse was that the factory had not replied to her e-mails, so we agreed on a return call in a few days to allow the factory time to respond with requested information.

A week later I called the store to speak with the Manager to check status, and she had the same excuse and indicated that the "Factory" was not returning her e-mails. I waited and waited and she never returned my call.

1st week of June - frustrated of waiting on a response , I sent an e-mail to the design consultant to cancel the order and requested a full refund for my deposit. Her reply was to wait and that I would be satisfied with the merchandise. That the table was in their warehouse and chairs to arrive the following Monday.

That same weekend I stopped by the design center to speak with the design consultant and to my surprise - she was "out of the office" and on vacation for the following week - of course!! So when i stated my business, I was told by a different "Manger" - who was very rude, that if I cancelled the order I would be forfeiting my deposit because the table was not a "fast ship" item but considered a special order!!! - her response was - I don't know what to tell you Ma'am!! - What do you want me to tell you!!! Externally rude and inconsiderate!! Never offered to assist in any way!!!

As for the Design consultant - still have not heard from her.

Monday has come and gone, it is now Mid June and still no merchandise and no refund. I get upset every time i discuss the transaction with friends and family. This is causing me mental anguish, emotional distress and I get depressed and upset just thinking about it!!

If you are planning on doing business with Ethan Allen, please, please read the reviews, something i didn't do before. But most importantly do not conduct business with an entity that does not care about customer service and satisfaction.

I didn't like: Poor communication.

Comments