Blauvelt, New York

In my opinion the true test of furniture quality is its durability and ability to last. My parents have furniture and rugs from other vendors that have been in their home for over forty years and it all still looks beautiful.

I spent over fifty thousand dollars with Ethan Allen to furnish my house 9 years ago. At the time, I though Ethan Allen sold quality. Not so. Since then, much of the furniture has simply fallen apart (arms falling off chairs, supports in sofas collapsing), upholstery has frayed and area rugs have unraveled at the edges and the fringes have all fallen off.

The furniture is appealing to the eye when new, but it is absolutely awful quality. DO NOT BUY FROM ETHAN ALLEN.

Comments

Walnut Creek, California, United States #622319

All EA leather furniture is outsourced to Mexico. Please check tags, like 'Judy' did.

If it says "Assembled in USA", that means it was only upholstered in the USA, cut and sewn in Mexico.

I won't even get started on the cross-docking. Buyer Beware!

The pieces that were purchased in 1976 were all made in the USA. Eathan Allen was at the height of quality back then.

No wonder it lasted. However, I bought an EA sofa and winged back chair back in 2003. They are well made. The wood on the chair legs look solid and the sofa has a nice detail of clips underside the cushions to keep them in place.

Both pieces were made in the USA (I checked the tag under the cushions). I read that it's hit or miss with their pieces.

:) my entire living room, dining room and one bedroom and baby furniture set were purchased in 1976. Beautiful to this day. Reupholstered, sturdy, look like new.

I purchased about $30,000 of furniture recently and just received my first delivery. The supports for the king bed were obviously taken from another bed since the wood does not match, there are stain marks on the mirrored side chests as well as some nicks in the wood, and there are two stains on the fabric head and foot boards.

I am waiting for a technician to come out to repair the damage.

I feel so disappointed and angry that they charged my credit card for the full amount one week before they delivered the damaged furniture. I ordered from the Burlington, MA store.

I want to thank you for saving me 4,000 that I was going to spend there!! My biggest fear is my bed falling apart!

Yes, Call 'Paula' and tell her you want your 50,000.00 plus dollars back...the new 'EA' furniture is junk, just like everyone else...all have been outsourced overseas and are made in China & other cheap labor markets. $900.00 dollars for a nightstand?

Please, spare us 'EA' - I would rather pay 900.00 dollars for a used georgian court collection cherry wood nightstand or an heirloom collection maple nightstand from the 60s-80s.

I still have 40-45 year old 'EA' furniture that has been moved 8 times and is in perfect condition. Do not EVER buy the junk this company is selling now, you will be VERY disappointed in the near future.

Rudyard, Michigan, United States #385772

At Ethan Allen we are committed to providing our clients with the highest quality products, superior service, and a total design experience. We would like to take this opportunity to offer our assistance. Please contact us at 203.743.8663 via telephone or email us at Help@ethanalleninc.com.