The Bennett sofa with high performance fabric was delivered wrapped entirely in plastic. Shortly after the plastic was removed and the delivery men had left, I started noticing a chemical, weird smell from the Sofa!

I experienced coughing, headaches, eyes watering every time I sat on the sofa. I notified the store immediately and they told me to air the room out for a few days and it would probably go away. After two weeks of opening windows, using air conditioning, and running fans, the smell was still there. I called back and asked for a technician to come out.

He came today and claimed he could not tell us anything, took a swatch of the fabric, and said we should wait to hear back from Ethan Allen. In the meantime, I cannot use the room where my sofa is located due to the odor. I am concerned over the health of my family and my small pet.

I have purchased numerous sofas over the years, but I have never experienced having a sofa emit odors that I worry may be dangerous to our health!

Never again, will I purchase from Ethan Allen. I am stuck with a new sofa I will have to get rid of!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ethan Allen Sofa.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 09.

Comments

I too, am disappointed about the customer service and product quality. My wife and I have been EA customers for many years.

Recently, we purchased a sofa and to our surprise we began sinking in the sofa.

After less than a month!!! No one within EA wants to acknowledge its failure with the design.