1018 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004, USA

hope that my experience could serve as a warning for all the future customers.Ethan Allen have a bad business ethics and sales hungry where they will promise and guaranty something to make a sale.

People who's involved Store Manager : Sue Tuttle Sales associate: Xichuan Li (Show Li) Design Consultant: Britney Whitney My mother is in the market for some new couches for our living room, she doesn't really speak any English so when she was looking for furnitures she saw Ethan Allen provided Chinese translations and services. We were assigned by a Designer named Xichuan Li who speaks Chinese and who teamed with Brittany Whitney and their store manager Sue Tuttle. They suggested give them a budget of forty nine thousand US dollars. Though not knowing what the market price was, my mother wired forty nine US dollars, because they have told her to have a bigger budget if she doesn't like the items they can return them.

Xichuan Li had told my mother that "they wanted to see how the home would feel with the stuff they picked " Remember, my mom asked for two couches and a couple of paintings. On December 12th we received a call saying on the 13th the designer will show up and help decorate the furniture that we ordered. On December 13th a large trucked stopped in front of our home with two mover without an designer asking to unload all the stuff. We were really confused because we had only order two couches and possibly a couple of paintings.

So we called Ethan Allen asking where's the designer and what we gonna do with all 75 items ranging from table tops, vases, 30+wall paintings and a invoices of over 50k. We wanted to refuse the shipment and told both the truckers and the store a gal from Ethan Allen. She said her manager told us just unload the stuff and they will have a designer(Britney) tomorrow as it was her day off. So I asked her if the items will be returnable after it's unloaded she said yes, The next day at 4pm the designer came with 1 designer (Britney), 1 Chinese interpreter,1 wall painting hanger(which cost 180 for less than 2 hours of work) and 1 helper.

They stuffed everything they could to max out the budget. Mother said that's enough, first we didn't order this many stuff and second it doesn't fit our likings and ask them to halt the project and return the items expect the couches we had actually wanted. They begin to sound demanding where she tells my mother " I really like these paintings on your wall , why don't you like it" my mother repeatedly telling Dante to translate she doesn't like the paintings and they don't fit the house like the way she wanted. Then the designer told her that we had ordered and paintings it would be 15% restocking fee if were returned, my mother said that's not what the sales consultant told her and we asked for Xichuan to clear things up what she has told my mother.

They said Xichuan don't work with us anymore whom took all the commissions from our sales over 50k worth of items. Then those people left. After 1 week of no response we called the Ethan Allen Bellevue store and they said they were busy and will have the truck come pick up the items we wanted to return on day 1. After a few days, stuff were still not picked up.

Soon another week goes by where we constantly contacting them. The reply we got was the store manager Sue Tuttle stated Ethan Allen wasn't liking the idea of us returning the paintings which was bought with their sale's intended making commissions. So we had to confront her multiple times to return the items that we don't want and didn't even order on the first place. Finally we had to come to an conclusion where the manager too felt it was unethical on what Xichuan Li as an sales consultant did and agree to refund but here's the problem, before we purchased anything it was said that if return it would return on method we wanted.

The payment was wired from China where I first stated in the beginning so having Ethan Allen wiring back where it would lose value due to currency exchange rate is different and fees that would be collected on the receiving side. So we began to telling the manager where they promised will be returned to our US Visa card/account. She begin to feel irritated and sound tone has changed to hostile then telling us we were "circulating around and don't know what arrangement we had made, she also said "actually, I don't even know we refund international wire or not. You may not get any refund." She then beginning to denying a lot of stuff that we talked about saying she didn't know anything about this arrangement, even though Xichuan Li stated without Sue's permission she wouldn't be able to place our order.

At the same time, Xichuan recommended the return be refunded to store credits where we trade with her other customer for cash under the table!

I refused, because it sounds so wrong to me!Overall, I do NOT recommend shop at Ethan Allen Bellevue Store.

I didn't like: Lack of professionalism, Lack of accountablity, Bad customer services.

2.5
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Painting
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Ethan Allen?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion